Metadata unlocks the value of data, and therefore requires
management attention [Gartner 2011]
In the race for justify costs with consulting and tools, the attention that many companies has dedicated for metadata isn’t sufficient.
What is the principal purpose of metadata:
Data describing various facets of a data asset, for the purpose
of improving its usability throughout its life cycle [Gartner 2010]
In a webinar of Peter Aiken Ph. D. (http://www.slideshare.net/aberkowitz/2013-metadata-management-slides), we can find some nice examples, didactic, in order to clarify about the value of metadata.
The greatest benefits from a success implementation of metadata management recognized so far are:
– Have a only one semantic between the developers and business users of informations;
– Reducing training costs;
– Redução de custos com treinamentos;
– Making strategic information more valuable as aid in decision
– Creating actionable information;
– Limiting incorrect decisions;
We continue in the next article…